Nicor Maxcor LED Lighting

MichelleDTJune 21, 2012

New to the lighting forum. We are building a new home and asked the electrician for LED options over the outdated builder halo cans he bid. He offered up the Nicor Maxcor product.

Pros/Cons? Other options we should look at? The Nicor product installed is $90/can and we have 75 cans spec'd.

Thanks.

M

Here is a link that might be useful: Nicor Spec Sheet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
attofarad

I had not seen that one -- looks good, and high lumen output available, and comes in 3000K color. If it comes on with zero delay (Sylvania RT6 has a small delay), and dims as well as the Cree/Ecosmart CR6, it could be a winner. I'd planned on going with the Cree, but it only comes in 2700K, and 3000K would be nice.

It that "installed" $90 include the cans/wiring, or is it $90 upgrade per can? I see that product online for $50, and it is a 2 minute install.

Anybody seen this one in person?

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 2:11PM
MichelleDT

Thanks for the response. New construction and the 90 was for materials and labor.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 4:30PM
attofarad

The report card for dimming on the Lutron site doesn't look good, either for low end dimming or startup time when dimmed. I wouldn't commit to those without having one in hand with a dimmer to try. When you see that a light can only be dimmed to 33%, it is going to look more like 57% as bright as full on, due to the non-linear response of the eye.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lutron dimmer report for Maxcor (Nicor) downlight

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 9:00PM
MichelleDT

What should I be looking at?

Thanks.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 9:38PM
More Discussions
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
mrsargent
Which would you pick for an LED step light / night light
We are in the rough-in stage of our new build, and...
Sun43
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
sch9171
Please help us get rid of buzz from dimming LED can lights
I cross posted this in Kitchens, but am hopeful someone...
laughablemoments
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™