Cree recessed for new construction

Recessed55June 29, 2013

I am currently framing my new home. I have been reading this forum for about two weeks and have decided to go with the Cree CR6-625L with the Cree RC6-12W cans. I need (75) of these recessed lights. Looking for the best price. Polar-ray has them for $40.00 and $15.00. Home Depot has the Ecosmart for $25.00. Does anyone know if the Polar-Ray and Home Depot are basically the same thing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also am looking for some outside under the soffit recessed lights as well. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

The HD version has a shorter warranty period. The higher output (800 lumens) will not be available from HD.

Outdoor soffit lighting using led strip lighting may be easier than recessed cans. Get some ideas from houzz.com.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 4:49PM
FmrQuahog

75 cans?!? Holy smokes. Must be an enormous house you're building.

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 2:28PM
Recessed55

The house will be about 4700 living area. This is our first time with led lights. Are 4" more common than 6" in the kitchen and bathrooms?

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 6:45PM
David

It depends on the chosen style. Modern styles tend to favor smaller aperture lights.

Having a mix of lighting fixtures may help. For instance, you may find that you prefer using side mounted sconces for lighting your mirrors instead of recessed lighting.

If you have vaulted ceilings or a space with a high ceiling, cove lighting may be more attractive.

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 9:34PM
Recessed55

davidtay, thank you for the help. All ceilings are 10'. The family room is vaulted.

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 9:51PM
More Discussions
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
Sylvania vs. EcoSmart retrofit
I have seen these two brands compared many times with...
linae
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
mrsargent
recessed lighting suggestions
I'm having recessed lights installed in two rooms this...
evanderleeuw
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™