Island lighting help please!

shivyJune 28, 2012

We are having the hardest time with island lighting. It's been impossible to find something we like within our budget. But mostly I need help with finding a pendant that will go with my kitchen as well as my dining room light.

Here's a WIP shot of our kitchen:

The island with river white granite counters will be 111''x53''

Here's a pic of the granite:

Directly to the left of the island will be our dining room table, which will have the following chandelier:

We were considering something like this for the island- which is 8'' wide, so we would need 3 right?

But do you think the above pendants will coordinate with the chandelier? And I'm not totally sold on the pendant above- my DH loves it but I'm not as crazy. Does anyone have any suggestions for pendants that would go well in this kitchen? I was thinking something clear glass or slightly colored beach glass- but I can't find anything that fits my vision.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
corgimum

I like that pendant but not for your kitchen. Your kitchen has a light and airy look to it and I agree that a glass pendant would work well. Here is one option which comes in three sizes.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 11:50AM
MIssyV

Have you seen Beekeeperswife's new kitchen? Very similar to yours in color and style with that chandy you have picked out. I like the pendant your hubby picked, looks like it matches your kitchen thus far, however, I agree, might not be perfect compliment to what you are putting over your dining room table, and they sound like they are all in the same space. Have you checked overstock.com? They have 10% off today!

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 11:44AM
Debbi Branka

I'm looking for lighting too, but I had to share with you that your kitchen is similar to ours. I'm looking for clear glass I think, although I found a bell jar pendant in cobalt blue that I really, really want!

Our island is about 11'x3' and 5' at table end.

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 3:42PM
bepeace

Hi,

Have you considered two large pendants in chrome or nickel? That would make an impact and coordinate with your chandelier. The link shows a Restoration Hardware pendant, which is pricey, but they also have clear pendants in the $150 range. Also, West Elm is a good place to check on pendants. Finally, I love mixing vintage with new - maybe two vintage pendants? It's a beautiful kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: clemson pendant

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 1:14AM
More Discussions
Legacy Debut Kitchen Cabinet -designer construction
Hi, Does anyone have any feedback on this cabinet...
Lisa Smith
thoughts on WAC Lighting LEDme Pro Light Bars
title says it all - any feedback on this brand and...
lmgch
Entry light for awkward design
What should we do for a light at the front door? It...
sakami
My stairwell will be my photography gallery
I am going hang my photographs almost all the way to...
Gary Conrad
Recessed Lighting Layout for Kitchen
Hi, everyone. I know this is asked all the time, but...
firefox15
Sponsored Products
5 Lights Draped Chantilly Chandelier
ParrotUncle
BLux | RCA Table Lamp
$690.40 | YLighting
Eglo Benita 3-Light 20-63/64 in. Matte Nickel Transitional Fixed Track Lighting
$39.73 | Home Depot
Sedgwick Sienna Small Outdoor Wall Light
$165.00 | Bellacor
Chrome and Cream 6-light Crystal Chandelier
Overstock.com