Kitchen Lighting Help
We are remodeling our kitchen and currently working through the light design. I have included pictures below. A few things to note:
- we are working with a sloped ceiling (8' on the right going to 12'9" on the left)
- room is 12' x 17'
- we are planning 2 chandeliers over the island as shown in the diagram
- for recessed lighting are thinking of 6" cans and use R30 reflector CFLs
My primary questions are related to the layout of the recessed lights.
- How many should we plan for?
- Aligned to counter edge or middle of the aisle?
- Should we break up and put on separate switches
I have taken a pass at a layout below, but any suggestions/comment would be appreciated.