Good Stain Remover with Charlie's Soap?

honeybeemOctober 13, 2011

I just started using Charlie's Soap and am noticing some stains that would have usually come out, still there. I sprayed the stains with my usual Shout spray...could it be the Shout reacts negatively with Charlie's? If so can anyone recommend a great stain removing product to use instead? I know about the one that Charlie's sells, but would still be interested to hear opinions about it and any other ones I could compare with including any at the regular box store. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

Once I bought a new FL washer and learned about different detergents on this forum, I stopped using CS. I used CS in our old TL washer for quite a few years and it does nothing for stains. I used the CS all-purpose cleaner as a stain pre-treat for the first couple years, as well as Shout. Some stains just don't want to come out, because CS has no enzymes in it. Grease/oil/fat based stains came out with some Dawn liquid dish detergent rubbed in and let set for several minutes, as a pre-treatment. I still have to do it in my FL washer with enzyme-based detergents. I use the regular Dawn, nothing jazzed up. Some stains required Citra-Solv, and others required a soak in Oxy-Clean.

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™