Recipe for multigrain salad

chickadee__3aJuly 11, 2012

I recently bought a container of "nine grain salad" from the deli section at Costco. We all enjoyed it very much. Has anyone else had this and if so, have you ever seen a recipe to make something similar?

Thanks, Carolyn.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lpinkmountain

Does Costco post their deli recipes online? I know Wegman's and Whole Foods does, so you might try looking there for the recipe, (the Costco Web site). More and more supermarkets are going this route I think. I've found a couple of recipes I really like by first trying something out at the deli and then getting the recipe from those Web sites and adding it to my permanent repertoire.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 6:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

soo....what do you see in it?
Rice? Barley? wild rice? quinoa, wheat?...pepitas?....sunflower seeds?...onion> peppers?
I haven't tasted it nor even seen it but I would cook an assortment of grains, and add some chopped green peppers, redpeppers...perhaps some jalapenos....chopped green onion...clery...cauliflower....whatever...
Then dress is all with a basic vinaigrette....and probably add a lot of chopped herbs....celery, basil, oregano, marjoram, dill....etc etc.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 7:17PM
More Discussions
How to make Crown Roast?
DH has invited 5 coworkers and their spouses to dinner...
dancingqueengw
BISCUITS
Just made these biscuits, but felt they weren't worth...
Robert Givens
Feels like the longest winter ever- anyone else dying for ramps?
Ok, so I can't stop thinking about ramp season. Maybe...
kiwigem
That Time Of Year Again :)
Hi everyone, It's been a long weekend (both good and...
moonwolf_gw
Happy Birthday Nancy/wizardnm
A little bird just told me that today is your birthday,...
annie1992
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™