do i have to use fluorescent strips in small closet?

kateskourosMay 26, 2009

we'll have a few closets that are behind bi fold doors. what are my options for lighting? i really dislike (read: HATE) fluorescents of any kind; the color isn't right and they flicker; plus as long as i don't live in california i shouldn't have a problem, right? what can i use?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andrelaplume2

do you already have a light fixture of any sort in the closet? If not you need either an electrician or some sort of battery operated light. I have 100W equavalent twisty bulb in a recessed can...supplies plenty of light.

Bookmark   May 26, 2009 at 7:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidro1

kateskouros, you will find out soon enough that fluorescents are stable and give good light. There are warm light fluorescents. There are dimmable ones. None hum, none flicker. I have already seen them, and they are already marketed in many areas. Hold tight and sit tight, they are coming to a store near you.

All things being equal, you wouldn't want to put a heater into a closet, unless you needed a heater, now would you? The old bulbs from the 20th century, incandescent, are heaters. They also produce light. Most of the Wattage is turned into heat. For most of the year you are cooling your house (not heating it) so you pay Twice to first heat up your incandescent and then to run your A\C and remove the offending heat. That reason alone is a great reason to look with an open mind at fluorescent bulbs. I could say more. There are more reasons.

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 9:38AM
More Discussions
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
Durable Outdoor Motion Sensor Light
I would like some recommendations on quality, durable...
happs
Pendant light shades
Hi! New to the forum- don't know what took me so many...
chelseahasrouni
i found this on ebay
its a led strap very nice anf beautiful Specifications: Ø...
Ran Peretz
Anyone using regular white bulbs in a clear glass fixture?
The light fixture my mom and I like best so far for...
Robyn Hoke
Sponsored Products
Lynk 401718 Roll Out Cabinet Drawer 17W x 18D x 4H in. - 401718
$49.50 | Hayneedle
Lil Big Wonder Accent Lamp by Tech Lighting
$74.40 | Lumens
Satin Nickel Single Light Ceiling Mount Globe with Pull Chain
$21.95 | Bellacor
Spiral Basket Hand-Forged Iron Single Coat Hook
Signature Hardware
Gallery Crystal Empire 6-light Chandelier
Overstock.com