Feedback on Lighting Plan for New House
I am looking for advice on lighting for our new house.
My proposed plan is below.
- Foyer: I want to put in wall sconces for ambient lighting. But where? Flanking front door? Between closets and Dining/ Study openings?
- Do I need more lights in the Kitchen? There are 3 pendants over the island for ambient light. Will I need additional task lights over the island?
- Master Bath vanity area - 3 wall sconces flanking 2 mirrors enough? Do I still need that pendant for ambient light?
- Dining Room - will the 2 wall sconces on one side provide enough ambient light or should I put 2 more on opposite wall?
- Study - oh boy, how do I light this multi-purpose room, which for the next 2 years until we finish upstairs, will be
the kids' bedroom, home school room, and my office? Maybe just plan on portable lights for now?
- 2nd Bath - will 2 wall sconces be enough or do I need a ceiling light too?
I'd appreciate any feedback! Thank you in advance!