Replacement light for ceiling fan?

trixietxMay 15, 2010

I have two Hunter ceiling fans that are probably 8 or 9 years old and I need a new light globe for one of them. It is seeded glass with a four inch fitter and kind of an upside down mushroom shape. I love the globe and don't want to have to replace it with just a schoolhouse or round globe fixture.

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dianne47

Both Home Depot and Lowe's carry quite a few globes for ceiling fans, at least they do in Arizona. You could also look online. If you go to the big box stores, you could take the old globe to be sure the new one will fit.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 2:11AM
trixietx

I have looked at both and they don't have anything similar or that would look good with my ceiling fan. After looking and looking online I found one place that had the same glass lampshade as mine, called and he said it was on backorder and had been for a long time. I am thinking they probably don't make it anymore.

Thank you dainne for your response.

Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 5:35PM
housavvy

There are 2 choices available at Reliance.
4" Fitter Glass

Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 7:03PM
lightingguru

You can find a wide variety of replacement part online in lighting showrooms.

Here is a pretty good place to check

Here is a link that might be useful: hunter ceiling fans

Bookmark   May 27, 2010 at 10:24AM
cab3014

I have a very unique bulb in my ceiling fan from Home Depot; it's about 5 years old, the Belvedere. Since I didn't remember the model name and couldn't locate the owner's manual I called HD store, they knew nothing.( I don't know about Lowe's and their fans.) Anyway the company that makes some or all of HD's fans is King of Fans. I first contacted HD corporate offices in Atlanta, sent the rep a picture of my fan and bulb via email and within two days I received call from the HD rep and King of Fans rep on a conference call and ordered the replacement. King of Fans is in Florida, just google it for their contact info.

Bookmark   June 30, 2010 at 11:47PM
cab3014

Sorry I forgot to say the brand name at Home Depot was Hampton Bay but the fan was made by King of Fans.

Bookmark   June 30, 2010 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
looking for some direction choosing leds for family room
I want to add some recessed led lights to the family...
gwald
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
Light fixtures for cove lighting
Greetings, I am constructing cove lighting in a small...
impster
Has Anything Changed In Recessed LCD Lighting Since 2012?!?
GW, Hello everyone! Just wanted to say that this is...
AndrewDK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™