Need Some Help With Kitchen Design Details
In April we will embark on a 6 month journey of major renovations on our home. One of the most important ones is of course our kitchen.
We designed this about a year ago when we first knew we were going to renovate the kitchen, and now that I have a budget and timeframe, I want to put finishing details on it.
I included a link to our design below.
We are set on the door color/style for the cabinets.
We are open to color/style ideas for the island.
The flooring will be replaced with 3/4" x 5" Brazilian Koa (aka Tigerwood)
We wanted granite for practical reasons (heat resistance, durability, cleanliness, etc), as well as resale. We selected Uba Tuba because we wanted a darker color w/o going black, and Uba Tuba was offered us the best choice for the budget.
(When looking at the overall design), to the left is the dining room. We will be cutting a hole in that wall between them to create a large bar/passthrough next to the window.
We have a Sub Zero fridge that we will of course be keeping, and it will stay where it is currently located. We also have a newer stainless steel above-range microwave that we will keep.
The design includes a standard 30" range, but we have decided that we would like a double oven, and a gas rangetop.
I would like the Electrolux EW30EW65GS, but at $3k, it is a bit over my budget of $2750. I am hoping to find a good deal on one in the next few months, but I would appreciate options for a slightly cheaper alternative.
We know we want a rangetop, but are going back and forth on the size. I am in love with the 48" Dacor Discovery. I do quite a bit of cooking on the stove, and with the one I have now it is very crowded with I have 3-4 pans going. I love the idea of the 14" grates. The griddle is nice and I like that it can be put on top. The grill isn't a big deal for me, I'd rather use my gas grill outside any chance I can :)
Additionally, my wife would prefer a stainless steel hood like Wolf 45" Low Profile CTEWH45(I). We have had cabinets over the cooktop before and they just never get used.
So, here is where I need some help:
1) Is my overall design conducive for a 36/48" Rangetop? Suggestions for the rangetop?
2) Should I get rid of the over range cabinet, as well as the cabinet to the left to accommodate the hood?
3) Thoughts on placement of the double oven? My initial thought was next to the fridge, but then I wasn't sure where to put the microwave.
4) Thoughts on the granite/uba tuba selection?
5) Thoughts/Suggestions/Ideas for the island? It uses a 24" base cabinets, and 12" wall cabinets, and I'm just not sure what I'm going to put in the wall cabinets.
5) Any and all comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen Design