Light in the washer

czechchick2October 20, 2008

I am just curious. I read somewhere that some of the new washers have light inside. I would like to know if you can turn the light off somehow or the door have to be shut in order to keep the light off.( Just like dryers door ). I leave my door open all the time after the wash.

Just wonder about some of you guys here w/ the mold and mildew problem might have the door closed b/c of the light.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
regus_patoff

Most FL washers have a main Power ON/OFF Button

any particular brand / model you're thinking about ?

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 3:28PM
czechchick2

No, I just wondered b/c when my dryer is off and I open the door the light comes on. The light inside I'm talking about.
It doesn't make sense to me even have light inside the washer or the dryer anyway.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 4:05PM
i_dig_it

My Neptune washer has a light inside that stays on when the door is open. Since I have now been leaving the door open always, I just loosen the bulb till it goes out.

I never forget to screw it back in when I'm putting another load in, because it really does help to see inside the drum.

I don't think the new LG I'm looking at has a light inside, so I won't have that to deal with when I get the new machine.

Janet

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 5:40PM
czechchick2

Thanks for the info Janet. I just wondered.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 6:07PM
whirlpool_trainee

Here's what some manuals say about the light:

"The drum light will come on whenever the door is opened to illuminate the drum during loading and unloading. Closing the door turns off the light. The drum light will automatically turn off if the door is left open more than 3 minutes. To activate the drum light during a cycle, press the button under LIGHT. The light will stay on during the cycle for 3 minutes." (New Electrolux washer and dryer)

"The drum is equipped with a blue LED light that illuminates when the washer is turned on. This light automatically turns off when the door is closed and the cycle starts. To turn on the light during a cycle, press and hold the RINSE+SPIN button for 3 seconds. The drum light will illuminate and then turn off automatically after 4 minutes." (various LG steam washers)

Miele only mention the light will go off once the cycle starts and then say to close the door after unloading the washer...

HTH, Alex

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 6:41PM
Cynic

One of the things I wanted on a new dryer was a light in the drum and I'm happy I got one with the light. So much easier to see in there. Would like to have one on the washer too so I wouldn't have to spin the drum around a couple times to see if everything is out.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 7:58PM
michelle_phxaz

My LG has a fiber optic light in the washer drum, you can turn it on and it stays on about 3 minutes then turns off. I don't use it too much but it is kind of cool when the lights are off in the laundry room and the dim light is on the spinning clothes.

Cynic, I still spin the drum because small items do get smashed into the sides. I have missed a few socks and my teeny tiny underwear (yeah, right!) so I just give it a spin just in case. Even with the pedestals I am too tall to see the top of the drum, and am too lazy to bend over that far.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 10:49PM
grubdevil

I want the interior LED drum light on all the time during a wash cycle. I think it's really cool to see the hi-tech wizardry of the washer working away. Why is there not an option to have it on while in operation? It's an LED, and the power used is almost negligible. Please, is there a series of secret button presses on the front panel that will allow it to stay on during operation? It's a work of art, and I love watching it run. I have the WM2501HWA

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
My LG FL is pilling my clothes
I have looked up every resource I know to help me with...
jessvb7
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Sponsored Products
Sloan Regency Bronze Three-Light Drum Pendant
$459.00 | Bellacor
Amora Lighting Tiffany-style Ivory Jeweled 72-inch Floor Torchiere Lamp
Overstock.com
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Ibrahim Light Blue 9 ft.
Home Depot
Veil White Glass Satin Nickel Tech Lighting MonoRail Pendant
Euro Style Lighting
ET2 Minx RapidJack Chocolate Mousse Glass 3-Light Pendant
Euro Style Lighting
Irvington Manor Two-Light Outdoor Wall Mount in Chelesa Bronze
$139.90 | Bellacor
BLux | Marc 1 Light Wall Light
$695.20 | YLighting
Sonneman Perch Modern Contempo Reading Lamp
1800Lighting
People viewed this after searching for: