Miele questions --) Gas or Electric? Commercial?

lalitharOctober 4, 2011

Hi all,

We are looking to buy a Miele Touchtronic W4842 washer. We are remodeling and can have either a gas or an electric dryer. Any advice on which one to select?

There is also an option of getting a floor model commercial Miele Washer and Dryer --> Is this something worth considering?

Lalitha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larsi_gw

I tried the Miele T98xx gas dryer when it debuted years ago. After always having electric Miele dryers, I was very disappointed. The gas version was loud, and either over baked my laundry, or left it too damp.

I know over the past year or two, Miele has for sure improved the gas dryer, but I, in my opinion, 100% recommend the Electric dryer. Not only is the Electric dryer quieter than the gas, the Electric version does more reverse tumbling, and begins reversing earlier in the cycle, to make sure items to not ball or tangle up.

Also, besides from the USA and Canada, the rest of the world uses electric Dryers, almost exclusively. Miele has MUCH more experience with electric dryers! I also feel safer, not having a gas appliance that deals with clothes, lint and dust!

I LOVE, LOVE my T9802 dryer. I love my W4842 washer, but I think there a few other washers on the market that are "almost" as good as the Miele washer. To me, nothing is better than a Miele dryer.

Commercial Miele units are VERY $$$, and require special electrical wiring and many times electrical "buck boosters". Good luck, keep us all posted!!

Bookmark   October 4, 2011 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™