Undercabinet options with a 0.875 overhang

phillysfMay 27, 2012

Hello,

I've been trying to sort out undercabinet options; very complex for the novice. This is not DIY, but I want to guide our GC and electrician. We have wiring for direct wire, but it seems the "lowest profile" direct wire option is the Philips ew Powercore, which at 0.88" may protrude just a bit. Are there any other "lower" profile direct wire options, or should we go to a low voltage system with transformers?

We are fine with LED (most low voltage/low profile systems seem to use that). We have 4 segments (26", and then 3 23" segments; "fences" in between) that we would like to be able to dim and switch on and off with one switch on the wall (we are OK with them not operating independently). As far as I can tell, the products on environmental lights seem like they could fit the bill, but any insights would be a huge help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

Yes, the UniLume for example has a smaller profile which comes at a cost.

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 10:50AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitmu

I have the same issue. I'm experimenting w/ different options. One set of cabinets has an LED tape, which is virtually flat; the other has the LuxBar, which is .46" in depth (or is it height??), so either would work for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: LuxBar

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 2:17AM
More Discussions
Need help identifying chandelier
Hello, I recently saw a chandelier that I really liked,...
Sgreen
Transitional design lighting
Should light fixtures "match" in transitional...
sheepco4
thoughts on WAC Lighting LEDme Pro Light Bars
title says it all - any feedback on this brand and...
lmgch
Retrofitting off-sized recessed lighting with LEDs-Help?
We are renovating our just-purchased apartment and...
lindy74
how many lamps in a bathroom heat lamp?
Bathroom is about 140sq5 ft. What do you'll think?...
growingadvice
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™