Juno lighting?

BlackChamoisMay 18, 2012

Is anyone familiar with Juno lighting? I recently visited a lighting store and got the demo of these amazing recessed lights (specifically the Juno 4" Low Voltage Black Alzak Recessed Light).

I know nothing about lighting (but trying to learn) so I don't know if it was the housing, the alzak coating, or the bulb that made the difference in how these looked/performed in comparison to others.

As much as I would love to purchase these, they are a bit out of my budget (around $150 - housing, baffle/trim, bulb).

I am doing a remodel and having recessed lights installed in the kitchen and living room and need to decide on lights asap. (I originally had wanted to do 4" LEDs, but after this educational demo, I am completely rethinking this and don't know what to do!)

Does anyone have knowledge of these, or another brand or solution that would allow me to achieve the same affect?

Thank you forum folks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
turbo3

AFAIK, there are no 4" remodel on the market that are ICAT (insulation rated/air tight). So if it's attic above then rule out 4". I did 5" cans. I went with Halo housings and elite trims. You may want to see the trims in person since they make look different than what is on the website (e.g. gloss/flat, color, finish quality etc). The 5" trims fit snug around a r30 so you can't see up into the housing, unlike some 6" I've seen. Check out lumen rating. Of course the 4" are not going to put out nearly as much light as a par30/r30 at around 900 lumens

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 2:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jj4444444

I know this is an old thread, but I saw the black alzak lights and loved them, did my house in them nearly everywhere (that I was putting cans). They are amazing, if you ask me.

I moved and now just am renovating my kitchen and put them in. I am curious, however, why you say no LED light bulbs in them? I am currently on a hunt for LED bulbs for my 2 6 inch for general lighting and 5 4inch for task lighting over the countertops.

Anyone know a reason why LED bulbs can't be used with the black alzak trim?

Thanks!

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 11:48PM
More Discussions
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
What should be dimmable in my kitchen?
We are doing a kitchen renovation, and like most new...
progressnerd
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
mrsargent
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™