Kitchen Lighting Ideas

Enrico_PalazzoApril 13, 2012

Hello everyone, I have been looking around the site trying to learn from everyone else's posts, comments, and suggestions so I figured it was time to post my own project.

I have ordered my kitchen cabinets from the local HD and currently have the kitchen gutted. I'm trying to come up with a lighting plan, based upon the HD suggestions. They suggest 7 can lights, I would like to add 2 pendants over the peninsula and under cabinet LED lighting.

The can in the ceiling will be 6" with LED bulbs, was thinking about LED in the pendants to keep all of the color temps the same.

Any suggestions or location changes would be greatly appreciated, my electrician just flaked out on me so now I'm the electrician as well on this project.

From [April 13, 2012](https://picasaweb.google.com/100733738410837977271/April132012?authuser=0&feat=embedwebsite)

Here is a link that might be useful: lighting plan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

Knowing the layout of the ceiling joists and any obstructions above the ceiling is the first thing to figure out as that will impact the placement.

If you use the CR6 (ECO-575) or CR4 (ECO4-575) the color temp is ~ 2700k, very similar to warm white incandescent lighting.
There is a link to the LED UCL continuation inside the LED recessed can guide.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED recessed can guide

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 11:51PM
More Discussions
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
Pendant help
Hello, Does anyone know where I can buy these lovely...
Nicole Falla
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
sch9171
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™