Lowes Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans - Noisy/Reliable?

john90505April 20, 2009

Does anyone have experience with Lowes Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans? We like the style and the price, but are nervous about the quality. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with the Fans, especially noise or reliability issues?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homeagain

Read this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Harbor Breeze

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 6:57PM
ginger_light

As a professional Lighting Consultant and a consumer, the best advice is to buy ceiling fans from companies that have replacement parts for their fans. Harbor Breeze and Hampton Bay are made exclusively for Home Depot and Loews. They tend to change the styles very often and discontinue a lot of products very quickly. Not good if you have a problem down the road. I used to love Hunter but have recently had problems with 4 originals. You might look at Emerson, Monte Carolo, Craftmade, the brands that are sold in Lighting Showrooms. Showroom do not want trouble with fans and they tend to sell better quality when it comes to fans. The older fan companies keep parts for a long time. These DIY fans are cheaper for a reason.......

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 8:17PM
housavvy

If you want a good high quality fan get Casablanca, or Emerson with a K55 motor. However, they are much more money. Watch for details like motor size / type and blade pitch.
As ginger light said, The name brand fans in lighting showrooms are generally higher quality than Harbor breeze of Hampton bay.

Bookmark   May 15, 2009 at 10:51AM
vkitten1977_aol_com

I just had a new house built. I bought Harbor Breeze fans for throughout the home and I now have to take all of them down and buy new ones. We were smelling fire and pinpointed to my sons bedroom I had my electrician come and the wires were burnt to a crisp he said everyone of the fans were defective and LOWES would not do anything about it!

Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 6:05PM
More Discussions
What should be dimmable in my kitchen?
We are doing a kitchen renovation, and like most new...
progressnerd
looking for some direction choosing leds for family room
I want to add some recessed led lights to the family...
gwald
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
sch9171
Alternative to pot/can lights
Spoke to my GC yesterday and he suggested that I use...
abbabug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™