Does an 18" or shorter T5HO lamp exist?

kaysdApril 4, 2013

My designer specified Lithonia Z T5HO striplights with reflectors for cove lighting above my cabinets. Unfortunately, I have two 18.5" wide cabinets and the smallest T5HO light I can find so far is 22".

My electrician's supllier has suggested LED alternatives that fit, but they cost a lot more and have a much lower lumen output. The cove lighting is an essential part of my total lighting plan because we can't put recessed pot lights in our wood ceiling.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

You need to go down to t4. Alternately, the lamps could be placed on the diagonal.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 11:29PM
kaysd

Thanks, David. I asked my GC if we could place them at an angle, and he thought the pattern of light produced would look weird compared to the straight runs on our larger banks of cabinets. I'm not sure if he is right.

I will look at T4s. All 4 banks of cabinets are wired together. Could we stick with the specified Lithonia Z Strip T5HO fixtures on the 2 larger cabinets and use T4s on the 2 smaller cabinets and control them from a single dimmer, or would the 2 types be incompatible?

Here is a link that might be useful: Lithonia Z Strip

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 2:23PM
David

It may not. If dimming capability is required, you need dimmable ballasts which in turn could push the cost above LED.

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 5:32PM
More Discussions
Durable Outdoor Motion Sensor Light
I would like some recommendations on quality, durable...
happs
Need help finding black lantern sconces
I am trying to find black lantern lights like this....
marthasiny
Recessed Lighting Layout for Kitchen
Hi, everyone. I know this is asked all the time, but...
firefox15
Need help identifying chandelier
Hello, I recently saw a chandelier that I really liked,...
Sgreen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™