not enough lighting driving me crazy ... 45-50 watt bulbs?

rufinoroxApril 4, 2010

We have installed 35 watt halogen bulbs in our recessed lights. There are 6 and its driving me crazy there isn't enough light... well everyone else thinks there is but me. I guess I'm used to the big old fashion floursent lights. We have a light fixture over the penisula, but I don't think I need to have that on with the others to get more light .. or do I? Do they make these bulbs in 45-50 watt? However, ours are screw ons. I tried the doft bulbs in 45 watts, but they aren't as bright. I need some help... anyone?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_236992-371-81662_0?productId=3065065&Ntt=ge halogen bulb&Ntk=i_products&Ns=p_product_price:1&pl=1¤tURL=/pl__0_s?newSearch=true$Ntt=ge halogen bulb$y=6$x=18

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dim4fun

To help one would need to know the brand and model of the housing and trim to see what possible lamps may be used. Who designed the kitchen lighting? Wasn't there a plan? One needs to choose a lamp, then a housing and trim to hold it and the spacing at which to place them.

Bookmark   April 5, 2010 at 10:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rufinorox

My brother-in-law an electrician planned the lighting. I wanted enough lights, so he suggest 6 recessed in the space we have and used 35 watt hallogen. I just switched them out for 50 watt halogen 20 par lights. They look brighter, but I won't know until later this evening. Its quite sunny out I can't tell right now.

We have 4" hall houding and trim lighting.

Bookmark   April 5, 2010 at 4:29PM
More Discussions
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
Pixi Lighting
Has anyone used the pixi lighting yet? It seems like...
stlblufan
Pendant help
Hello, Does anyone know where I can buy these lovely...
Nicole Falla
Outdoor pendant lights for tree
I'm looking to recreate something like this installation...
jamescmeehan
If we need to do smaller 3 inch recessed lights in a shower ....
Hi everyone, We are trying to work out if we can put...
ontariomom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™