Boyd Lighting

wishiwasinozApril 6, 2010

Has anyone ever used Boyd Lighting? The particular fixture I'm interested in is the Cascade Luminaire Grand. I saw it in a magazine article & it looks so amazing. I have no idea what price point it is in, but it does look rather expensive (& probably nowhere near my budget).

There are no dealers in a 200 mile radius in my home, so I cannot go look at it in a showroom.

Has anyone used this lighting co. before & have any idea of a price range? Thanks!

http://www.boydlighting.com

Natalie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
publickman

The furniture company I work for used to represent Boyd Lighting for the Los Angeles market, and I was in charge of reviewing all the orders as they came in, since I was head of the lighting department (I'm head of R&D now). Our company also has its own lighting line, and I designed or engineering most of it.

I found Boyd's prices to be very economical compared to the high end lines that our company makes. I have one of their catalogs, but the prices are from 1993. The prices are net (wholesale) for designers and the mark-up to retail is normally 1.5. They didn't have elaborate chandeliers back then - only pendant fixtures, which ranged in price from $645 to $895 net. The chandelier you pictured would probably be at least $2000 net or $3000 list. They are a very good company and have great quality, and so I think they are priced well. Normally you would have to go through a designer to buy their products, as they tend to be for the trade only.

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 7:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wishiwasinoz

Thank you publickman. I figured that was the price range, though you probably could have told me $8K & I would have believed you! I'll keep saving my pennies!

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 8:44AM
More Discussions
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
Kitchen light fixture inadequate.
I love school lights but I need at least 400 watts...
Anne Jones
Accent Eyeball lighting for Artwork
Any recommendations for size and type of eyeball light?...
lake72
Which would you pick for an LED step light / night light
We are in the rough-in stage of our new build, and...
Sun43
Hubbardton Forge
Does anyone by chance have their Icarus and/or Mobius...
anniel58
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™