Can't Afford the Dream Chandelier

Suzi AKA DesertDanceApril 14, 2013

We recently purchased a true neglected fixer upper high in the hills with a city light and mountain view. The property has two groves of pines, and those groves give So CA a true mountain feel.

The 2 story staircase has an old weird ceiling fan? and my decorator daughter in law put the thumbs down! Chandelier, she says!!

How can I make something like this for less than $500.00. This thing retails for $4,000!! YIKES?

I was wondering if I could cut the trees out of sheet metal, and apply them to a basic 8 lamp chandelier.

All suggestions will be welcome!

Suzi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Monica1119

It is not easy as you thought, I think this is good and if you change it, the lamp would not be bright. Just a little advice

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 5:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
niteshadepromises

does it have to be a fan? U can probably find many fine chandeliers for under 500 but a "fandelier" as they are called do tend to be silly pricey. I want one for my master bedroom where a ceiling fan is really a need so i can sleep but its probably one of those extravagances that will get cut when the time comes.

I'd go to the link below and start browsing. I already see a few with the tree motif under 500.

Here is a link that might be useful: rustic lodge chandeliers

This post was edited by niteshadepromises on Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 17:31

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 5:26PM
More Discussions
Pixi Lighting
Has anyone used the pixi lighting yet? It seems like...
stlblufan
Outdoor pendant lights for tree
I'm looking to recreate something like this installation...
jamescmeehan
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
recessed lighting suggestions
I'm having recessed lights installed in two rooms this...
evanderleeuw
looking for some direction choosing leds for family room
I want to add some recessed led lights to the family...
gwald
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™