Blueberry Peach Jam ???

jude31July 10, 2012

I'm looking at a recipe in my file that I have copied for Blueberry Peach Jam. I thought I had made it before but the amount of sugar seems excessive, almost 1 cup per jar of yield!

The ingredients are:

3 C. blueberries

2 C. fresh peach slices

1 pkg. fruit pectin

1/4 teas. cinnamon

7 C. sugar

Has anyone else made this recipe or would some of you more experienced canners care to give an opinion?

I have no idea where I got the recipe, not that makes any difference.

TIA

jude

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wizardnm

Your recipe seems pretty much inline with other pectin recipes. I made black raspberry jam yesterday and it was 6 1/2 cups of sugar and 5 cups of mashed fruit.

Here a recipe from my files that is a longer cook (no pectin) for something similar.

Blueberry, Peach, Frangelico Jam

CF Combo (Lpink and Annie)

Well, it started as a sauce, and Nancy (wizardnm) posted it. Lpinkmountain and I turned it into jam at our "jamming weekend", so here's the updated jam recipe. LOL Just can't leave well enough alone, you know, we added the lemon zest, removed a cup of water and used a cheaper hazelnut liquor. It's yummy, though.

2 cups blueberries or raspberries
1 cup sugar
2 peaches, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons Frangelico

Put all ingredients in a pan except Frangelico. Cook on high until it boils, then simmer 25 minutes or until thick. Add Frangelico, cook 5 more minutes, ladle into jars, 1/2 inch headspace. BWB 10 minutes.

Nancy

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 2:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jude31

Thanks, Nancy. I made the Frangelico (saucy)one on Sunday but still had good SC peaches so I decided to make a different one. I'm pretty sure I made it last year. It will be interesting to see how it sets up. I didn't realize the package of pectin was only a half package but I just went ahead with it. Tastes wonderful....and sweet!

jude

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 4:49PM
More Discussions
Slightly shocket at Joy of Baking video
I started watching the Apple Pie video and right at...
wintercat_gw
What's Your Favorite Meal? To cook, to eat, to repeat...
Celebrate the continuation of the forum, and tell me...
plllog
Happy Birthday Lars!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARS! Wishing you a joyous year filled...
compumom
Monkey Princess makes pretzels
The Monkey Princess decided that we needed to learn...
annie1992
Shredding cheese
Just watching an episode of Cooks country where they...
debrak_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™