Prima Lighting - LED fixtures

cakequeenApril 4, 2010

Has anyone purchased from Prima Lighting? I saw some of their LED fixtures in a showroom yesterday and was impressed. They seem to have nicely trimmed fixtures such as gimbals, clean flush trims that I am not seeing in other brands and the range of light color is very good: cool, neutral and warm. They are expensive but I'm tempted. I'd appreciate hearing anyone's personal experience with this company.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dim4fun

This is supposed to be a decent company but I didn't know they sold direct. They have area reps. Where are you thinking of purchasing these from?

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 12:58PM
cakequeen

I'm in San Francisco. I can't afford to change out my whole house's lighting but thought I'd put in some undercab and cove lighting and maybe some cans in the kitchen and bath during a remodel. The cost is challenging and so are the lack of trims and color in LEDs. I was impressed with some of the Prima light quality and design.

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 11:36PM
amili_10

Retrofit lighting is very common method to home improvements. LED retrofit lighting is becoming more and more common as the benefits of LED retrofit lighting become more and more obvious.

Here is a link that might be useful: Retrofit lighting

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 5:42AM
amili_10

The most crucial element of retrofit lighting is efficiency. Most retrofit lighting fixtures are far more efficient than standard lighting fixtures. ESI focuses on LED energy saving technology. We are involved in design, manufacture marketing and installation of our products. We test, guarantee and fully support all our products.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED retrofit

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 5:46AM
amili_10

LED retrofit lighting, on the other hand, is much more efficient than any of these other retrofit lighting technologies. Indeed, LED retrofit lighting fixtures bring new meaning to retrofit lighting insofar as the fundamental purpose of retrofit lighting is to economize and make existing lighting systems more efficient.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED retrofit

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 5:49AM
lightguy

How much do the Prima lights cost?

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 8:31PM
cakequeen

The Prima lights vary, of course. Some are ajustable pivots, some have drivers some don't. They come in diff. sizes. I'd say the cans w/ drivers are probably between 130. and 200. each. There are also many other types of lights; some very beautiful sconces, strip lights, etc. that are all priced differently.

Bookmark   April 10, 2010 at 11:41PM
More Discussions
Legacy Debut Kitchen Cabinet -designer construction
Hi, Does anyone have any feedback on this cabinet...
Lisa Smith
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
Need help identifying chandelier
Hello, I recently saw a chandelier that I really liked,...
Sgreen
thoughts on WAC Lighting LEDme Pro Light Bars
title says it all - any feedback on this brand and...
lmgch
Sponsored Products
Formae Round Wall Sconce by Hubbardton Forge
$488.00 | Lumens
Ziqi Vivid 2 Z Floor Lamp In Gold
Beyond Stores
Fire Wall Sconce
Lightology
16" Luxor Hammered Copper Sink
Signature Hardware
Ultra-Max 54" Ceiling Fan
LBC Lighting