To match, or not to match?!?!

khoodApril 25, 2011

HI all,

DH and I are currently building a home and it's time for me to select the light fixtures. My question is two fold:

-Do the lighting fixtures all need to match? (all brushed nickel, or all oil rubbed bronze)

-Should the light fixtures match the hardware? (our hardware on our cabinets and doors are brushed nickel and the faucets are also brushed nickel)

I know ultimately it comes down to preference, I just wondered what everyone else has in their home.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bh401

There has been much discussion on this. I think it was over on the decorating forum too.

I think it's just preference. In our current build, most of the the downstairs is SS or nickel. Master bath is chrome(just because I liked my chosen fixtures better in chrome) Upstairs, the kids wanted ORB so that's what they have in their rooms and baths. All interior door hardware is SS regardless of place. Outdoor light fixtures are ORB. All exterior door hardware is ORB except front doors. Those are black because of the iron scrolls on the doors.

Kitchen app are SS. Cab hardware is SN. Some people have mixed hardware finishes as well within one kitchen.

All in all...I think pick what you like.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 2:53PM
More Discussions
Can I use a light fixture to define an entry??
We do not have a foyer. Our front door opens into the...
meanne74
Davidtay/Others - Recommended efficient T8 bulbs?
I'm hoping that davidtay will see this but would welcome...
oldbat2be
Please help us get rid of buzz from dimming LED can lights
I cross posted this in Kitchens, but am hopeful someone...
laughablemoments
Any opinions on "all-in-one" housing/trim/bulb LED combo kits?
There are a couple "all-in-one" recessed...
progressnerd
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™