Seagull ceiling light experience

canishelApril 17, 2013

IâÂÂm posting this experience in case anyone is considering Seagull light fixtures and in case anyone has any suggestions about what I should do.

Four white Seagull flush-mount ceiling lights were installed in my kitchen: two medium sized and two small sized.
In less than a year, I noticed the two medium sized globes were gray while the small sized globes remained white. Seagull was contacted about the problem; photos were provided. Initially, customer service was responsive and wrote that the tech department was notified. Several emails were exchanged with Seagull for about five months. My last email was unanswered.

I contacted the local supplier about the problem in November. The supplier contacted the sales rep. Both tried to be helpful and wanted to replace the globes. But they couldnâÂÂt tell me if the replacements would have the same problem (e.g., same lot number).

If I didnâÂÂt like the simple lines of the fixtures, I would merely replace both. However, it looks like I will try to find another company and replace the fixtures.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
neesie

That sounds frustrating; of course when you put them up all the colors matched. Who would have thought that two of them would discolor? Good luck with getting a replacement fixture.

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 2:21PM
More Discussions
Entry light for awkward design
What should we do for a light at the front door? It...
sakami
Better to over illuminate living room but add a dimmer?
187 square foot living room. electrician wants to install...
evanderleeuw
Recessed lighting - Remodel (yes/no) LED Can and Trim/Engine (model)
Hi, I want to install recessed lighting in my house...
firsthome_sfh
Can I use a light fixture to define an entry??
We do not have a foyer. Our front door opens into the...
meanne74
Dining Room Lighting - Pendant too large?
I would like to remove my 6-globe chandelier and replace...
cubby325
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™