Recommend A Small Stackable Set

mieleformeOctober 30, 2010

I need some help from you guys. My sister-in-law needs to replace her current stackable units and stay within a lower to mid range budget. The problem is she is limited by the depth of the space she has ( only 28") so there isn�t much out there. Obviously I suggested the Miele units which would fit fine but again, cost is an issue at the moment. She currently has a low rang Maytag set that came with the house. If Maytag makes it anymore I can�t find it. Any Ideas?

Thanks a Million!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steveomc

Do you have a rebuilding in your area? It might be an option to save money and find just what you are looking for.

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 8:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caryscott

I needed a small stackable set as well (my set up also required a reversible dryer door). The Maytag set is actually quite pricey in our market (Home Depot and Sears both carry this set in Canada amongst other places)and they are made by Samsung. I went with the more stripped down pair Samsung makes of the Maytag pair under their own brand. Less options but the same look (stainless drums for both). I got the Samsung pair for half the cost of the Maytags. Mixed reviews but so far I haven't had any problems.

Washer

No on-board heater, no VRT, no silvercare, no liquid bleach but very energy efficient, easy to use, 1200rpm spin, bigger capacity than most small units and pretty quiet

Dryer

Like all compacts not very efficient. I read lots of complaints about drying times but I'm not having a problem (45-60min). I'm terrible for mixed loads so I don't love the sensor but if I use "very dry" usually everything is dry. Mine makes a weird noise on some timed settings (never on the auto settings) - I had the board replaced and then the whole unit and the 2nd unit makes the same sound - it isn't mechanical. Now I'm noticing on the occasions I use those settings it isn't doing it as much - perhaps it is a break in thing.

DV665JW Dryer

WF-J1254 Washer

Bookmark   October 30, 2010 at 9:09AM
More Discussions
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Fisher Paykel Washer/Dryer
Sears is now carrying Fisher Paykel washers and dryers....
phyllisb
Does Persil Liquid ProClean from Walmart USA contain....
optical brighteners. Their website is next to useless...
spicy19
Getting ready to buy Speed Queens
Actually did purchase a pair of Speed Queens for home...
socks
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Sponsored Products
Dunes Waves River Rectangular 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$409.00 | Bellacor
Cuisinart DLC-2011CHB Stainless Steel 11-cup Food Processor
Overstock.com
Prairie Leisure Ornamental 4-ft. Chain Rail Garden Bridge - 47B-WHITE
$161.50 | Hayneedle
Baxton Studio Noah Modern Dining Chairs (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
KOHLER Jetted Bathtubs Mariposa 5.5 ft. Air Bath Tub with Bask in White
Home Depot
Casper Ghost Dining Armchair in Yellow
$99.00 | LexMod
Purple 9'' x 9'' Square Ceramic Pan
$9.49 | zulily
Romanoff Heirloom Silver Three-Light Clear Heritage Handcut Crystal Wall Sconce,
Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™