Botched Cree CR6 Install
I am about to finish my basement so I was considering install Cree CR6 recessed lights. Before I made such a big investment I wanted to make sure that I like these lights.
I went to the home depot and bought 1 CR6.
I saw a video that showed me how easy it is to replace the light.
1. I remove the current CFL bulb
2. I removed the cone easily.
3. I took measurements to make sure that the width and depth were correct.
4. Next step was to screw in the CR6. However the receptable was high up in the can. I was unable to bring it down to screw in CR6
5. While I trying to somehow dislodge the receptable I saw a wing nut on the side. This wingnut was holding the can in place. I made the mistake of removing the wingnut.
The can came out. When I try to put the can back in its place and put the wingnut back the screw keeps on falling.
There is no space for me to hold the screw in its place while I fasten the wing nut.
I have tried using a string to hold the screw but it does not work.
I have tried using a magnet but that does not work.
There has to be an easier solution.
Let me know if you have any suggestion for me.
I can take pictures and post them if that will help.