Suggestion on lighting/cathederal cieling

truzellaApril 1, 2009

I have a cathederal cieling in my morning room. Plenty of windows/light during the day, however, at night it is dismal at best. I have a cieling fan that is on the left peak rather close to the point where the cieling makes a V. I was thinking of adding recessed lights but I don't know how many and how they should be placed. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dim4fun

If you were walking into a lighting store asking for help you'd need to know approximate slope of ceiling, finish materials, colors used in the room, height of ceiling, furniture layout, how you use the room, depth of ceiling joists, etc. to be able to choose a lamp, trim and housing appropriate for the task.

If you were to tell a designer that you sit at a table placed exactly here and want to read the paper, you are older than 40, the room is wood stained dark, you have art on the walls, the slope is 45 degrees and the peak is 20' high you are going to get a different answer than if you say you are 25, sit and drink a cup of coffee on a white couch staring out the windows in my white room, bare walls with 12' celing sloped at 30 degrees.

Bookmark   April 5, 2009 at 5:27AM
More Discussions
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
mrsargent
New kitchen lights - regular cans with retrofIt LED kit or LED cans?
Frankly, I don't know what "LED cans" look...
linae
Bulkhead pots in teeny bathroom
I'm so not a lighting expert! What's the forum members'...
Studio Design
Questions re: installing a linear light fixture with a sloped ceiling
I'm interested in a chandelier from the Kichler Triad...
valpogal47
Recessed Surface lights vs. Cans
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between...
linae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™