Costco and frozen fish

angelaidJuly 25, 2012

I want to get some fish sticks (patties?) to keep on hand for fishwiches for those nights I don't feel like cooking.

Is there a brand that's better than others out there.

Any other frozen convenience-type meals that will fill him up and I can just toss in the oven when he calls and says he's on his way home? He's working until 7 or 8 p.m. lately and I don't want to cook, or eat, that late.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I have found there are"fish patties" that are ground up bits of who knows what.....and others that are "breaded fish portions"....that's what I keep in my freezer.

For other quick meals, you can grill chicken breasts and freeze them and just warm in the micro...you can make egg biscuits...split biscuits ( not yeast rolls!) add a slice of ham, an egg scrambled in a large custard cup in the micro, a slice of cheese, salt and pepper. Wrap in parchment or waxed paper then into a plastic bag....you can nuke them still frozen in the parchment.
Make lasagna and freeze squares in serving size portions.....reheat in the micro. Freeze portions of meat and gravy.....heat and serve on bread.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 1:59PM
tlloyd

Costco has an awesome chili lime Talapia in the frozen section. Would make a great sandwich!

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 4:05PM
carol_in_california

Our favorite is the salmon burgers made by Trident.

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 1:13AM
dowlinggram

On days when he is home cook for an extra person and freeze the extra portion. Roasts and whole chickens can be sliced and frozen with freezer paper between the layers and taken out to make hot sandwiches or stir fries

Sliced Peameal bacon or pork tenderloin sliced 1 1/2 inch thick and pounded and breaded and frozen only takes a minute to cook or cook it all ahead of time and just reheat.

As a side dish try bean salad or a cole slaw that can be kept for a week in the fridge

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 3:23AM
oasisowner

I second the Trident suggestion - salmon burgers, panko breaded tilapia, and the "ultimate" fish sticks (this is really what they are called). They are all US produced products. We get them at Giant Eagle locally.

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
Cool feature I've just noticed (OT)
Has anyone else noticed that you can click on a picture...
sally2_gw
Cookout for 150 people
I am having a cookout for my son's graduation, and...
Teffanie Hughett West
Tried And True "Edible" Brownie Recipe? (Where Legal)
Here is a cooking question, more specifically a baking...
johnliu_gw
So what is "a bunch"?
It drives me crazy when recipes call for a bunch of...
laceyvail
Food for sore mouths..
I just had a tooth extracted - and I have a very sore...
agmss15
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™