New Method Fabric Softener Scents

livebetterSeptember 3, 2011

These scents are not listed on Method's website but well.ca is showing 2 new scents as "coming soon".

Lavender Lilac

Waterlily & Aloe

I know some here are not big fans of the Method FS. I might (lol ...) have to try it just once.

As 'yall know, my fav is the Shaklee Get Clean but I may try one of the new scents from Method. I was not a fan of the Fresh Air scent which is why I haven't tried it so far.

Lavender Lilac has peaked my curiosity but I'm usually disappointed with Method's scents.

Anyway ... FYI :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Well.ca - Method fabric softener

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larsi_gw

I actually find all scents from Method to be really nice. The Fresh Air detergent smells great, the Fresh Air Fabric Softener does not smell great.

The BIG problem with Method Fabric Softeners is the gross, jelly-fat like consistency and that it does NOT soften.

So, I'm sure Waterlily & Aloe and Lavender Lilac will smell lovely...but they will be total crap!!! :) LOL

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 1:15AM
livebetter

"... gross, jelly-fat like consistency ..."

This makes me think the bottle must have been in bad temperatures at some point. It makes no sense it would be like that to begin with but I have heard of some "green" brands that will congeal in extreme temps.

FWIW, I've never seen it happen to Shaklee, Seventh Generation or Vaska.

I have seen it happen to Ecover.

@larsi, considering our difference of opinion on so many other products, I'll still have to try this for myself. :)

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 9:12AM
livebetter

Plus that they are expanding by adding two new scents tells me someone must be buying the FS and liking it. :)

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 9:16AM
sshrivastava

My experience with Method FS has been poor as well. I haven't tried the stuff in the new bottle - my experience was with the "squeaky green" product. The consistency was like congealed gravy fat, it left behind evidence of its grossness in my FS dispenser, and it also did very little to soften my clothes. As far as "green" FS goes, Vaska and Seventh Generation yield much better results.

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 9:51AM
livebetter

@sshrivastava, the new bottle maybe a new formulation to the one you tried.

I'm not holding out big hope (as I love my usual one) but I'll still give it the 'ole college try :)

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 10:02AM
sparky823

To me, the Waterlily/Aloe smells great in the bottle and the clothes smell great out of the dryer, but, when I use this and line dry they smell fishy so I cant use it with line drying. It also sticks in the softener cup. Maybe the new formula will be different. Best to stick with Downy Free for me.

Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™