Recommendation for Craftsman Copper lighting

polieMarch 12, 2012

My prior postings on the lighting forum have all been questions, so I'm happy to be able to post a recommendation. If you like copper lighting fixtures in the Arts & Craft style, I can recommend James Davies of Craftsman Copper. All the fixtures he makes are custom, so they aren't cheap by any means but I fully expect my lamp to last my lifetime and probably "outlive" me.

This weekend, the copper floor lamp he made for me arrived. It's such a handsome lamp! The hammering of the metal is just beautiful. It's rather unconventional in that it's a torchiere, but I needed something very practical to light a large open space with 10 foot high ceilings. In that sense, I think that it's true to the arts & crafts spirit of having beautiful yet useful household objects. Although I got a floor lamp, if you go to Mr. Davies' website, you'll see a variety of lamps and chandeliers.

It was also a pleasure to communicate with Mr. Davies during the process, as each lamp is custom made. He did an excellent job of keeping in touch with me to let me know the status of my order. I highly recommend Craftsman Copper lamps.

Here is his contact information:

Phone - (360) 486-4962,

via e-mail at james@craftsmancopper.com,

or by mail at:

Craftsman Copper

2638 24th Avenue, N.E.

Olympia, WA. 98506

More Discussions
Recessed lighting - Remodel (yes/no) LED Can and Trim/Engine (model)
Hi, I want to install recessed lighting in my house...
firsthome_sfh
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
Davidtay/Others - Recommended efficient T8 bulbs?
I'm hoping that davidtay will see this but would welcome...
oldbat2be
Questions re: installing a linear light fixture with a sloped ceiling
I'm interested in a chandelier from the Kichler Triad...
valpogal47
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™