Chandelier size advice need

kbkzMarch 18, 2009

We need some chandelier advise! We are in the process of renovating our kitchen and dining room. We've repainted the foyer and want to put up a new chandelier. We really like the Quoizel Denmark chandelier which is 33.5 inches wide and 39 inches high but our kitchen designer and the salesperson at the lighting store think it's not large enough. They're recommending a chandelier that's at least 42 inches wide. Our foyer is 2 stories high and about 14 feet by 10 feet. According to everything I've read on line and on this site, it seems that the 33.5 inch chandelier should be large enough. We'd love to hear what you all think. Do we need a larger chandelier? If so, does anyone know of a chandelier with a look that's similar to the one we like? Here's a link to the chandelier. http://www.quoizel.com/myquoizel/product_details.aspx?OID=1364947

Thank you for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calgal59

It depends on the color of the walls and the finish on the chandelier. If there is a strong contrast between the finish on chandelier and the walls, the smaller chandelier will standout. If here isn't much contrast between the two, then even a larger chandelier will melt into the background.

Bookmark   March 21, 2009 at 3:37AM
More Discussions
Please help us get rid of buzz from dimming LED can lights
I cross posted this in Kitchens, but am hopeful someone...
laughablemoments
Entry light for awkward design
What should we do for a light at the front door? It...
sakami
Hubbardton Forge
Does anyone by chance have their Icarus and/or Mobius...
anniel58
Can I use a light fixture to define an entry??
We do not have a foyer. Our front door opens into the...
meanne74
Better to over illuminate living room but add a dimmer?
187 square foot living room. electrician wants to install...
evanderleeuw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™