Best washer and dryer

karle13September 2, 2013

Help getting new washer and dryer, was getting the LG pair 1201, wave force,, but now after reding terrible reviews what would you buy?? Thanks for the advice!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean61

I'm in the market too. I was thinking front load - Electrolux? But never owned front load--so a little worried if I should change? Top load was thinking of the Whirlpool-WTW8800YW Cabrio Series , Maytag MVWB950YW Bravos XL HE Top Load Washer -- but haven't researched anything yet.
Would love to hear what others have and their options.

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 7:56AM
jellytoast

Going to look at washers and dryers in person, rather than looking online, will likely help you to rule out some machines. I looked at just about everything and since I hadn't bought a new washer in years, I was really surprised (not in a good way) to see how much they had changed. After searching online for an alternative to the usual brands and reading a bunch of positive reviews, I bought a Speed Queen. It's a great little work horse and it comes with a 3-year warranty. Old-school style and function which I realize is not for everyone, but that is exactly what I was looking for. I LOVE it.

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 10:41AM
Cavimum

You could do what I did..... read every page of this forum, as far back as you can stand to do so. It really, really helped me come to a decision as to which type and brand washer to buy.
There is no one perfect brand that does not crank out a few lemons here and there, and there are always owners who don't use the new 'he' washers correctly. This forum has a wealth of knowledge in the previous pages. :-)

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 7:59AM
dualref

Plus you can;t categorize washers as "the best" because everyone has different needs in a washer. So you would have to say "What is the best washers for: X?"

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 2:26AM
More Discussions
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer Smell
We have a two year old Kenmore Elite Front Load Washer...
joechsle
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™