Undercabinet Lighting that's pleasant to look at????

karen44_2008March 20, 2010

Hi all. I have what I presume is an unusual question. My kitchen is all interior, no exterior walls, so my sink faces a large pass-through into the dining room. My problem...over the sink, above the pass-through is a transom of cabinets with glass fronts. My architect is suggesting hanging two mini-pendants from the cabinets to add some additional light at the sink. I agree some light is needed at the sink -- there are recessed cans in the ceiling about 8 inches behind where you stand at the sink --however, I'd prefer not to obstruct my opening into the dining room. I've asked the contractor -- husband of the architect -- about some puck-type lighting to install in the base of the transom cabinets but he has pooh-poohed saying he doesn't think they work that well and that they look cheap. (You will see them if you're at the sink and raise your eyes.) Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to add light without obstructing my view?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

Have you considered low profile LED undercabinet lighting?

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 1:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karen44_2008

I'm not sure if that's the type he was thinking of or not, I didn't use any specific lighting lingo other than "is there anything like a small recessed light you can use?" They're response was esssentially "the puck lighting just doesn't look good". I'll ask him if low profile LED was what he was referring to. Thanks.

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 8:19AM
More Discussions
looking for some direction choosing leds for family room
I want to add some recessed led lights to the family...
gwald
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
Hubbardton Forge
Does anyone by chance have their Icarus and/or Mobius...
anniel58
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
sch9171
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™