Need help choosing a new front load washer (and dryer)

louietouieSeptember 7, 2011

I have just entered into the confusing world of choosing a new washer and dryer. My focus is to get the best front loader washer that won't mold (what's that about anyway!), isn't going to require repair 3 months out, and will clean our cloths well in a normal cycle in less that 90 minutes without using tons of water. I hope a quality dryer companion will go with it.

Should I instead consider a top load to get what I want?

Having access to only apartment washer and dryer for years, I am excited to not have to share any more. Help me figure this out. Please!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

Love love love my LG. I bought it from Sears Outlet store so it was half off the full price, just with a few nicks and they have us the blue touch-up paint for that.

We got a steam set, didn't want or need it but we loved the deep blue color and it was exactly what we wanted, just with steam. I tried the steam and it doesn't do much.

But definitely check out the outlet stores for better deals, and LG is the way to go!

Bookmark   September 8, 2011 at 7:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

Oh, to prevent mildew and mold, leave the door and the detergent drawer open for a day or two after the laundry is done so it fully dries. No stinkies.

Bookmark   September 8, 2011 at 7:06AM
More Discussions
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™