Which lighting for this office area?

paintedpeggiesMarch 2, 2012

We are turning our open foyer into a loft/large hallway area. We will be moving our computer/desk and wall of bookshelves here. Right now there is an empty light socket. The rest of the ceiling fixtures in the area are flush light fixtures. You can see it there in the pic...there are three in the hallway.

We were thinking of something different for above the desk. Track lighting? Pendant?

Here is an idea of the space. The area to the right of the half wall beyond the railing now has a floor. The wall is gone, and rail relocated. You can see the empty socket.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You could have a suspended tube light. Something akin to the linked product.

Here is a link that might be useful: truncheon suspended light

    Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 1:31PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
Davidtay/Others - Recommended efficient T8 bulbs?
I'm hoping that davidtay will see this but would welcome...
Kitchen light fixture inadequate.
I love school lights but I need at least 400 watts...
Anne Jones
Questions re: installing a linear light fixture with a sloped ceiling
I'm interested in a chandelier from the Kichler Triad...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™