Help with the Laundry layout

FosaMaxSeptember 21, 2012

Here is my laundry room layout. If you have any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

I'd personally move the W/D to the long back wall placed just to the right of the window. then I'd run cabinets along the sink wall, the rest of the back wall and the other short wall for a U-shape. You should be able to easily fit at least 3 double sort hampers (6 bins), the sink, a hanging area, and plenty of upper storage cabinets. I think that would be a most efficient use of the available space. The current configuration has a lot of wasted or only partially usable space.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 10:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
julie999

I would also suggest adding an area for hanging clothes to dry that shouldn't go into the dryer. I can't tell from the plan if you have another mud room, but you might consider putting a door where the window is so that muddy children, gardeners, etc., could come directly into the laundry room from outside.

Is the ironing board a regular free-standing ironing board? It looks like it. If not, consider whether you are right or left-handed in deciding which end of the ironing board goes which way.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™