Need help with recessed light

truzellaMarch 19, 2009

I have several existing recessed light baffles in my kitchen cieling. I want to replace them with air-tight baffles however I am not sure how to measure in order to get the correct size. Do I measure the opening or from lip to lip? Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

From the inside. In most cases you round to the nearest number ie; 4-1/8" = 4", OR you can pull the fixture down and look at the sticker on the body.

    Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 5:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You need to find out the brand and model number of the housing and what trims are available for it. The housings and trims are UL listed together and for the most part you cannot change brands. Unless your housings are very old the info you need will be inside the housing on the cylinder. Good drywallers and painters protect the inside of the housings and you'll be able to read it.

    Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 6:52PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Rosette on slanted dining room ceiling?
Moved into a resale which has a dining room fixture...
Barb P
i found this on ebay
its a led strap very nice anf beautiful Specifications: Ø...
Ran Peretz
Looking for vendors of outdoor lighting
I am looking for quality outdoor wall lighting . I...
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
Quality of LED fixtures from different manufacturers
Hello! Does anyone know how LED light fixtures from...
Sponsored Products
Frasier Leather Sofa - Brighton Zinc Beige
Joybird Furniture
Concrete Anchor Set For Square Pole 30/60/90, Cubic Pathlight by SLV
$154.00 | Lumens
Pebblebrook Runner 2'3" x 8' - SILVER
$159.00 | Horchow
Folding Student Bookcase
Phila Chocolate Storage Ottoman
One For Pets The Travel Lite Carrier - 2107-PURPLE
$80.95 | Hayneedle
Parker House - Genoa Estate Wall Entertainment Center -...
Great Furniture Deal
Mini Pendant No. 7908/7909 by Savoy House
$62.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™