Bosch Washer Flooded My Basement!

fe519September 25, 2011

Hi everyone. So I have a front load Bosch Nexxt 800 series washer and its acting up and I'm hoping someone can point me to the right direction. This problem started about a year ago, the water doesn't stop filling the washer. Yesterday, it happened to me again and I heard I can narrow the problem by unplugging the washer when the water is overfilling the machine. So that is what I did and the water stopped when I unplugged the power cord. Then I plugged it back in and everything resumed as normal. At this point, where should I be focusing the problem since the water shut off when I unplugged the power. I appreciate the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asolo

Sounds to me like sticky fill solenoid. Common thing. Cheap fix. Easy replacement.

I would have worried about the control-board or relay but your description of intermittent problem combined with normal operation most of the time leads to focus on the more-common problem. When control-boards or relays fail they generally stay that way. Solenoids love to drive everybody nuts for a year first. I'll bet that's what you've got.

Bookmark   September 25, 2011 at 11:21PM
fe519

Thanks for the reply! I've searched online but can't find "fill solenoid" for my Bosch. Would it be called something else? I've found "Water Inlet Valve", is that the same thing?

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 1:45PM
asolo

Yes

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 2:22PM
don_1_2006

There is also a fill switch which is supposed to shut the water off once it reaches the level you select. I would suspect that before a stuck solenoid.

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 2:51PM
fe519

Hi don_1_2006. I've searched for a fill switch and I might try that as my first solution. But I'm having trouble finding the "fill switch". Is this the right part?
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Sensor/491681/1107396

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 6:57PM
fe519

I'm still searching for a "fill valve" and can't find anything and was wondering if anyone can shed some light. The exact model of my washer is Bosch Wfmc8440UC . Thanks.

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 9:03PM
More Discussions
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™