Recessed infloor lighting

polymorphMarch 14, 2010

I've come up with an idea and now have to find a product to fulfil it. I'm thinking of putting recessed lighting in the floor of my kitchen. The idea is 4" squares with opaque lense, I do not want to be blinded when walking above them, it is more for style.

Has anyone heard of this or know where one might start looking. Everything I Google is for outdoor.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can use a Eurofase IG02, but you have to order it with a thermal coupling to make it conform to code requirements.
It then is rated for a maximum of a 35MR16

    Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 11:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Like this?

The MR16 based ones can become warm and uncomfortable to step on if shoeless. There are other brands. This is one of the most shallow. Be carefull to check on the suitabllity of the color of LED.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eurofase

    Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 4:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Another brand of in floor square fixture.

Here is a link that might be useful: iGuzzzini

    Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 12:30PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Retrofitting off-sized recessed lighting with LEDs-Help?
We are renovating our just-purchased apartment and...
My stairwell will be my photography gallery
I am going hang my photographs almost all the way to...
Gary Conrad
Recessed Lighting Layout for Kitchen
Hi, everyone. I know this is asked all the time, but...
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
MR16 vs GU10
What is the difference between MR16 and GU10 halogen...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™