oxygen bleach / sodium percarbonate

liz_hSeptember 15, 2010

At one time Ecover non chlorine bleach was 100% sodium percarbonate - or at least I thought it was. Is it still the highest percentage sodium percarbonate product on the market? ARe there otherst more cost-effective? I use it for laundry and floor-washing. I'll probably buy online, as everything I've found locally has added fragrance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andersons21

I use OxiClean oxygen bleach. As I understand it, all the powdered oxygen bleaches dissolve to form hydrogen peroxide and soda ash. OxiClean has no fragrance or optical brighteners. A big box at Costco is cheap.

Bookmark   September 15, 2010 at 11:01PM
cryptandrus

I'm pretty sure Ecover is one of the only brands available that is 100% sodium percarbonate, with no added washing soda "filler."

Chemistry store sells sodium percarbonate in 2 pound jars (and larger quantities, too) but their shipping costs tend to be a bit on the high side.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chemistrystore.com

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 10:12AM
anitram

I've ordered from this website before without problems, I think I'm going to try oxiclean now and see if there is a big difference since it's cheaper the sodiumpercarbonate. They offer free shipping...

Here is a link that might be useful: sodium percarbonate

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 4:21PM
sshrivastava

PEOPLE - DO NOT BUY OXYCLEAN! Oxyclean is only 50% or less sodium percarbonate. The reason OxyClean seems "cheap" is because it only has half the active ingredient of other products. When you buy pure sodium percarbonate, you are getting 100% of the active ingredient. OxyClean is full of fillers. You will need to use half as much sodium percarbonate to get the same effects as OxyClean.

Sodium percarbonate is also excellent at killing mold-based plant diseases. Dissolve about 3 tablespoons of pure sodium percarbonate in 1 gallon of water and spray onto the affected plant and soil.

Bookmark   September 17, 2010 at 11:24AM
More Discussions
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™