Which would you pick for an LED step light / night light
We are in the rough-in stage of our new build, and we're stuck at a 3-way decision .... so i'm hoping to get your collective wisdoms. If anyone has used any of the following, please let us know your rationale of choosing it, and whether you are happy with your choice :-)
We have 3 floors (basement, main and upper), and will be putting 1 of these lights every 3rd step, resulting in 3 lights on the wall (not the tread) of each stair. (we have open tread metal staircase). We will also be using the same for the upstairs hallway as night path light. These should stay the same model for consistency.
Also want to use similar products one in each of the 4 bedrooms as a cool looking night light - we have 2 small children. We don't have to pick the same product for these ones, but we could.
The choices we're facing: (OK it's not really a 3-way choice .... we like 3 of them more than the other 2 but i wanna hear your experience with any of the above, online reviews for these are surprisingly hard to find!)
1. WAC LED-100 in stainless steel - in standard warm white (3000 K) http://www.waclighting.com/product/2116
2. WAC LED-100 in stainless steel but in AMBER 610nm light
our main concern with the WAC is some amazon reviews saying this one is really bright ... 3.9W
3. DeltaLight PUK 4 step lights - we'll pick the warm white
4. Juno step light, in satin nickel, in the "cutoff" design to reduce glare (while still mark the wall), 3000K
5. DGA Cubic Gem - i was hoping it comes in 2700K option but looks like it's still a 3000K?
comes in 1W, 2W and 3W versions. Not sure if there's an Amber option
our goals / main concerns are:
- we don't like harsh bluish light - ideally a 2700K white. Amber would be "nice for bedrooms" but we're a bit insecure that having them ALL in Amber would make it too weird (staircase and hallways and all)
- we don't want them to be TOO bright, although we can probably try to connect the hallway ones onto a dimmer. Might be too labour intensive to separately dim each of the bedroom lights
the Delta is cute but it's on the other end.... it marks the walls but not the path - not bright enough
they're really all in a similar price range, and we're gonna need to buy about 15 to 18 units so it's a significant purchase, but not something we wanna skim savings from - we'll just end up saving a few hundred bucks total if our choice is based solely on cost, a bit silly considering the cost of the rest of the house (the plumber is getting very rich...)
any comments are helpful! we need some help to sort this one through