Anyone familiar with US Lanterns/Vivid Lighting?

artemis78March 7, 2013

We are purchasing an outdoor light and this is one option, but I can't find much about their quality or products anywhere. A local lighting shop carries their lights so we can see it in person, but just wondering how they are regarded (or if anyone else has encountered them!)

Specifically, we are choosing between them, Maxim, and Kichler, so I'd love to get a sense of how these brands compare to one another. (I think Maxim is lower end relative to the other two, but not even sure of this since prices are all over the place!)

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
psyohe

I could not find anything about them other than they are now the manufacturer of Vivid Lanterns. Sorry! Peke

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 2:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
artemis78

Thanks--I did go ahead and order the US Lanterns light last week, so we'll see how it turns out! In case it helps anyone in the future, price point through our local store was about the same as Kichler (online) and about 30% more than Maxim (in store) for the same basic light. (US Lanterns does let you choose from a number of finish and glass options for the same price, which didn't matter for us--we pretty much just chose the same combo that the Maxim and Kichler lights would have come with--but might be a plus for others who are more particular.) In the end the decision just came down to the fact that the US Lanterns light is made in California while the other two are China (though no clue if it is actually made here or just assembled here)--the designs themselves were all pretty similar otherwise.

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 3:19PM
More Discussions
thoughts on WAC Lighting LEDme Pro Light Bars
title says it all - any feedback on this brand and...
lmgch
Anyone using regular white bulbs in a clear glass fixture?
The light fixture my mom and I like best so far for...
Robyn Hoke
T24 compliant, 4" LED recessed light options
We are looking for a sub $100 4" LED recessed...
pinkybee83
Need help identifying chandelier
Hello, I recently saw a chandelier that I really liked,...
Sgreen
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
sch9171
Sponsored Products
Ava Oasis Fabric Oak Dining Chair
bryght.com
Compamia ISP880-BR Miami Resin Wickerlook 71 in. Rectangle Dining Table - Brown
$599.99 | Hayneedle
Fantail Antique White One Light Table Lamp
$153.00 | Bellacor
'Great Mom' Box Frame
$17.99 | zulily
Free Pad New Hand Knotted Wool Runner Balouch Multi-Color Boxes Design
BH Sun Inc