mini chandelier or pendant 8ft ceiling?

luvpatch2March 29, 2013

I am doing a total master bath remodel .I am looking for a decorative accent mini chandelier or pendant that would work on the ceiling of the vanity area in my master bathroom. The shower and toilet are in a separate area of the bathroom. I only have 8 foot ceilings . I really like the Maxim MX 2855 Renaissance 3 light mini chandelier and its height is 14.5 inches. If I hung this close to the ceiling would this work or would it still be too low? Thanks for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

It's a lovely fixture, elegant with the embedded crystals. I can see why you like it. I have an 8 foot 6 inch kitchen ceiling with a central hanging chandelier. In my re-model, I am planning a semi flush or flush fixture, unless I give up and go all ceiling recessed lights.

There are beautiful flush and semi flush incandescent, halogen, and LED fixtures on the lighting market: shadesoflight.com; lumens.com; quoizel.com; progresslighting.com; rejuvenation.com are just a few. You might wish to look at European fixtures also; they seem to have been using LED longer than the US where I am so have quite a selection.

It's your space so do what you wish. That is truly an elegant fixture. Good luck.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 3:13PM
More Discussions
Buzzing LEDs
I'm exploring LEDs for a new build, and so far, not...
mtvhike
Looking for vendors of outdoor lighting
I am looking for quality outdoor wall lighting . I...
fiftyfab
Entry light for awkward design
What should we do for a light at the front door? It...
sakami
thoughts on WAC Lighting LEDme Pro Light Bars
title says it all - any feedback on this brand and...
lmgch
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™