mini chandelier or pendant 8ft ceiling?

luvpatch2March 29, 2013

I am doing a total master bath remodel .I am looking for a decorative accent mini chandelier or pendant that would work on the ceiling of the vanity area in my master bathroom. The shower and toilet are in a separate area of the bathroom. I only have 8 foot ceilings . I really like the Maxim MX 2855 Renaissance 3 light mini chandelier and its height is 14.5 inches. If I hung this close to the ceiling would this work or would it still be too low? Thanks for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

It's a lovely fixture, elegant with the embedded crystals. I can see why you like it. I have an 8 foot 6 inch kitchen ceiling with a central hanging chandelier. In my re-model, I am planning a semi flush or flush fixture, unless I give up and go all ceiling recessed lights.

There are beautiful flush and semi flush incandescent, halogen, and LED fixtures on the lighting market: shadesoflight.com; lumens.com; quoizel.com; progresslighting.com; rejuvenation.com are just a few. You might wish to look at European fixtures also; they seem to have been using LED longer than the US where I am so have quite a selection.

It's your space so do what you wish. That is truly an elegant fixture. Good luck.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 3:13PM
More Discussions
Please help us get rid of buzz from dimming LED can lights
I cross posted this in Kitchens, but am hopeful someone...
laughablemoments
Accent Eyeball lighting for Artwork
Any recommendations for size and type of eyeball light?...
lake72
If we need to do smaller 3 inch recessed lights in a shower ....
Hi everyone, We are trying to work out if we can put...
ontariomom
Davidtay/Others - Recommended efficient T8 bulbs?
I'm hoping that davidtay will see this but would welcome...
oldbat2be
Light fixtures for cove lighting
Greetings, I am constructing cove lighting in a small...
impster
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™