need low profile recessed lighting help

reinvestorMarch 22, 2007

HI,

I'm looking for the following.

A low profile recessed light for a sloped ceiling. New construction IC. Something under $20.00 and possibly that I can get from Lowes or Home Depot. (Would consider another type of lighting as long as it's modern looking. I currently have 9" squares and they just look old.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jon1270

Quite the set of conditions, there. I'm not sure what you mean by "low profile." Are you looking for something that doesn't extend far above the ceiling or below it?

Bookmark   March 22, 2007 at 7:59AM
ilitem

You may want to check out some websites to see if you can find what you are looking for. Juno Lighting, Lightolier and Nora Lighting all have these types of cans. The housing will probably run you more than 20.00. These are not typically found at a Lowe's or Home Depot but at lighting showrooms.
If you go to the Nora site: NoraLighting.com, search for NHIC-926QAT (new work sloped ceiling can) or NHRIC-926QAT (old work sloped ceiling can). Both of these may be covered with insulation. They are, however, 6" cans. If you want something smaller, you will need to look for low voltage.

If that is the case, I don't believe Nora makes a low voltage sloped ceiling IC can. However, you can use the regular low voltage IC can and put in a trim of either an adjustable gimbal ring or mini eyeball that can be adjusted to go straight down. You can search for the NLIC-401QSAT housing

Everything depends on the amount of space that you have above the ceiling because the IC cans are deep -- at least 8".

Bookmark   March 22, 2007 at 8:50AM
reinvestor

Thanks ilitem - I will check that site.

Jon1270 ---- the joists are only 2x6 so I need a can that is 5 1/2" or less in depth. That's what I meant by low profile. Maybe I should say a shallow can, IC, New constriction, for a sloped ceiling.

thanks

Thanks

Bookmark   March 22, 2007 at 11:37AM
ilitem

There is a shallow IC can but the wattage of the lamp that you use drops. Check the same websites that I gave before to see their measurements.

Bookmark   March 22, 2007 at 12:17PM
Jon1270

reinvestor, someone else on another thread was looking, for some time, for that exact animal - a shallow, sloped-ceiling IC can, and decided it didn't exist. Good luck to you.

Bookmark   March 24, 2007 at 6:51AM
dscullors_yahoo_com

Desperately need line voltage, 3-1/2 inches high max,recessed lights. IC, 3 or 4 inch diameter will do. Hopefully under $40.00. Can you help?

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 12:47AM
More Discussions
Questions re: installing a linear light fixture with a sloped ceiling
I'm interested in a chandelier from the Kichler Triad...
texasgal47
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
What should be dimmable in my kitchen?
We are doing a kitchen renovation, and like most new...
progressnerd
Accent Eyeball lighting for Artwork
Any recommendations for size and type of eyeball light?...
lake72
If we need to do smaller 3 inch recessed lights in a shower ....
Hi everyone, We are trying to work out if we can put...
ontariomom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™