Source for LARGE crystal chandelier raindrops

LadyJane083February 20, 2013

I have this chandelier that came with my house that I would like to modernize a bit. I would like to replace some of the crystals for it. There are 3 tiers of large raindrop crystals - clear, amber, clear. The amber ones I would like to replace with another color. (turquoise, blue, gray, green - clear or opaque.)

The problem is they are very large 8" (200cm) and it seems you can only find clear glass that large. I need 18 total.

I have been searching the internet with not much luck. (besides wholesale from china) and even contacted some sellers who have told me they can get no larger then 4".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

Don't have a source for those, but you may have to look second hand and try different search keywords. If you can't find them, you could create a smaller clear raindrop at the end of a string with clear beads or beads in a color to match the glass. You could even do them clear but with a different shape. I love the different crystal shapes on my dining room chandelier, adn one of them is a clear teardrop.

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
MBR ceiling light or fan
Hi all, We have a farmhouse/colonial that was built...
Anthony
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™