Lowe's Portfolio 27' LED Under Cabinet Strips

ZacsDaddyFebruary 9, 2011

Hi All -- has anyone hardwired this lights? If so, are instructions included in the package? Anything special to do?

Also are they dimmable?

The price and size is perfect for my new kitchen. Thanks all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mountaineergirl

I looked at those lights and liked them, but they were waaaay too expensive for me. Don't know if they're dimmable, but before you purchase you might want to check out these - I just got mine yesterday so not finished installing.

Here is a link that might be useful: undercabinet lighting

Bookmark   February 10, 2011 at 7:28PM
ZacsDaddy

The Lowe's Portfolio lights are significantly CHEAPER than the Environmental Lights setup. That's one of the reasons I was interested in them.

@Mountaineergirl -- Have you installed yours yet? I noticed you've posted on several threads about the lights, but wondering if you've got them installed yet. Any pictures/details?

Thanks!

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 6:29PM
mountaineergirl

No we aren't finished installing yet. We have all the lights mounted, but needed some other interconnect items and had to place another order. They are on the way and hopefully will be here by Friday. Then its just a matter of connecting them up. (holes already drilled also) I do have one section of 30" lights (a 24" and 6" joined together) to the left of my range, but that's just about a 1/10 of the project. I am loving that part so far LOL! play with it all the time, dimming etc I leave it on full during the day and dim it at night. Its a nice white light, and makes my light over the range look wimpy.

I guess we're not looking at the same lights at Lowe's. What I saw was like $60 for an 18" bar, and I'm paying $40 for 24" bars. BUT,this price is not their advertised price. They did discount them to match the price on another website.

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 9:33PM
jillsee

sorry to hi-jack this thread but curious ZacsDaddy--did you see the lights in the lowes store or do you special order it?
thanks

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 5:12PM
ZacsDaddy

They are in the stores ...

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 11:50PM
mountaineergirl

zacsDaddy - I posted my UCL in another thread, just in case you didn't see.

Here is a link that might be useful: UCL thread

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 10:00AM
ZacsDaddy

So -- In the end, I ended up ordering from Environmental Lights as well. I found on another forum a number of people who loved their Lowe's lights, but said they were not dimmable. Environmental was more expensive, but are dimmable (and able to fit exactly the space I needed).

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 11:18PM
More Discussions
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
Accent Eyeball lighting for Artwork
Any recommendations for size and type of eyeball light?...
lake72
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
Please help us get rid of buzz from dimming LED can lights
I cross posted this in Kitchens, but am hopeful someone...
laughablemoments
Kitchen light fixture inadequate.
I love school lights but I need at least 400 watts...
Anne Jones
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™