Help!

bkg75February 5, 2013

This is kind of a silly question but I was hoping someone could help me. Recently I painted a room in my house that has halogen lighting. I liked it so much that I proceeded to paint the rest of my house the same color. The problem is in all the rooms that have the regular screw in light bulbs (whatever the heck they're called) the paint color has gone lime green! (not the color I picked) Are there any kind of bulbs out there that screw into the old regular sockets that mimic halogens? Any help would be much appreciated..especially by my wallet. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

Use daylight color light bulbs instead of the standard soft white color.
If you have recessed lighting, the daylight version of the CR6 or the RT6 would help.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 9:58AM
inspiredled

Using daylight color light bulbs will probably make it look more like the halogen lighting. If that doesn't work, a good alternative is looking into LED strip lights. They are fairly cheap, easy to install and they last a lot longer then your normal bulb. The great thing about LED lights too is they come in many different colors! It might be worth your time doing a little research. You might find you like them better then your normal light bulb. I left a link to our gallery so you can see how led's look in different settings! Hope this helped! If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Here is a link that might be useful: LED Strip Lighting

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 3:04PM
badgergal

You can get halogen bulbs with the same size screw base as your regular incandescent bulbs. They are available in different watts at big box stores and on line. I have them in most of my lamps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Halogen bulbs

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
Recessed Lighting Layout for Kitchen
Hi, everyone. I know this is asked all the time, but...
firefox15
Transitional design lighting
Should light fixtures "match" in transitional...
sheepco4
What light would look nice over the sink?
Hi, I'm stumped trying to find a pendant light to go...
sweetoo
Bedroom Lighting Advice?
I just came up with a first draft for lighting in our...
schicksal
Buzzing LEDs
I'm exploring LEDs for a new build, and so far, not...
mtvhike
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™