New Downy w/SilkTouch - anyone tried it?

izeveSeptember 28, 2011

I saw some new Downy FS that came out. According to the website: "�SilkTouch� formulation infuses fabrics with a silky softness that makes your everyday fabrics (and you) feel fabulous"

Has anyone tried it yet? Is it really different from regular Downy? Anybody tried the new Spring Lavender scent?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larsi_gw

Marketing nonsense. I think it is just their PR department, hoping people will think that Downy improved, or returned to classic, awesome formulas. I cannot believe the pig headed stubborness of P & G! There are 1000's of complaints on the Downy.com website about April Fresh Downy being changed & ruined...yet they do not care!

And yes, my 2 latest bottles say Silk Touch...and no difference. Yet, same nauseating fragrance!!! :-(

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 9:41AM
sshrivastava

It's the same as Tide w/ ActiLift, Tide w/ AdvancedClean... it's all utter nonsense. Tide is trademarking new terms to slap on its bottles even though there is nothing changed in the formulation. I guess they have run out of ideas.

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 12:15PM
izeve

Haha! That's exactly what I suspected. As to the fragrances, I never liked or used April Fresh so I was not affected by the reformulation, but I do like some of Downy's other fragrances and I do like the Free & Sensitive a lot.

I stopped by my local Target last night and they do not have the new Spring Lavender scent, so I still don't know if it's any good. One piece of bad news is that my Target discontinued carrying Vaska - I am very upset! :-(

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 12:16PM
CharterOps

OMG! The other day I went down the detergent aisle for some Cascade Dishwasher Detergent so I had to pass by all the FS and such. I thought I was gonna be sick to my stomach. The smell just keeps getting stronger and stronger and more and more sickeningly sweet!! I only use Downy Free. I like some fragrance from the detergent but that's about it.

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 10:58AM
CharterOps

P.S. Tide with Actilift is the same thing as Tide 2X Ultra; I found that out in my little researches. They just put different labels on them.

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 11:00AM
More Discussions
Getting ready to buy Speed Queens
Actually did purchase a pair of Speed Queens for home...
socks
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
Advice on machines (Frontload vs HE Top load; LG vs Electrolux)
Hello there! I am doing a renovation/redesign of my...
jaybird1487
Official Cheer HE Powder...Finally
I was so happy to find that P&G now offers Cheer...
kgdallas
Whirlpool Cabrio top loaders vs LG?
Hi all. I am interested in Whirlpool because we can...
jennifer2413
Sponsored Products
Black and White Metal New York Clock
$76.95 | Bellacor
Halo Lighting Hardware 9 in. Square Aluminum Recessed Lighting Housing H1T
$35.23 | Home Depot
Hand-tufted Hesiod Ivory Rug (8' x 8' Round)
Overstock.com
WAC Double Mini Spot Light LED New Construction Recessed Housing
Euro Style Lighting
Modular Track Corner Connector by Legrand
$19.98 | Lumens
ELK Lighting 60090-1 Kidshine Wall Sconce - 5W in. White - 60090-1
$66.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™