Attractive LED candelabra bulbs

NorthlutFebruary 19, 2014

What LED candelabra bulbs are people liking for applications where the bulb itself is visible? Our porch light takes two candelabra-type bulbs and the glass is mostly clear (there's just a bit of texture) and near eye level, so very prominent. We're currently using clear 40W incandescents, so the filament is visible, which is a nice effect. But they burn out ALL THE TIME, so I'd like to replace them with LEDs. I know I'm not going to get the "visible filament" look, but it seems like all of the LED candelabra bulbs I've found in the local stores are downright ugly. And the online, it's hard to find accurate pictures of what they look like when they're turned on. I'm willing to pay a premium for a product that actually looks good and puts out nice light.

Any recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adrianjuaneli

In these days, Led bulbs are occupying the best position in lighting system. They are available us in various shapes and sizes at affordable prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: point light source

Bookmark   February 24, 2014 at 11:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

I use bulb from Ikea - bright, excellent incandescent-quality light, good color rendering, doesn't flicker, looks good (not quite an exposed filiment, but can't tell much difference unless up close, and even then it looks just slightly different, not worse). Only issue is they can't be dimmed, and don't play nice with some automatic ambient light sensors that turn the light on at night automatically, unless one halogen bulb is left in the circuit.

They make a larger one as well if you need a brighter bulb.

Lowes sells a similar one under their Utilitech house brand that has more of a filiment look and is dimmable too, but it's not quite as bright or good overall IMO.

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 6:48AM
More Discussions
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
looking for some direction choosing leds for family room
I want to add some recessed led lights to the family...
gwald
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
Outdoor pendant lights for tree
I'm looking to recreate something like this installation...
jamescmeehan
Light fixtures for cove lighting
Greetings, I am constructing cove lighting in a small...
impster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™