Laundry Area cabinets WWYD?

plumberrySeptember 15, 2013

Our laundry area is in the garage. what type of cabs would you use? I'm thinking Ikea or Home Depot Kraftmaid or something like these. Probably a corian countertop for folding. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

As I think about it, I think I would like to be able to close off the folding area within a cabinet. I would want all things laundry related behind doors to cut down on dust. But you will need to keep your washer door open to prevent mold smells, right? Maybe the actual W/D could be in the open but every thing else behind cabinet doors.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 5:20PM
plumberry

yes, I know it's a drag to have it in the garage.
I just find that I tend to fold or hang quickly (and have used the inside door of the dryer) and then bring in the house. It's very awkward so I imagined a small table/countertop, that would be wiped down beforehand (to eliminate dust) so that I can do the quick fold and hang. Maybe I could even have a removable cover to keep dust from landing there to begin with or as you say box it in. Now, I'm thinking maybe there's a way to add a short wall...Or, forget all of it and just carry everything in the house - though I can't think of an ideal set up. any other ideas are welcome.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 5:45PM
enduring

Would any of those garage cabinets work for you? It seems they have all sorts of configurations to house stuff.

I know what its like to have awkward (or at least what we think is awkward) I have a refrigerator on my back enclosed porch, right around the corner from my tiny kitchen. It works, but is a bit fussy to maneuver.

Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 6:26PM
More Discussions
Stacking washer and dryers of different makes
I just learned that my Kenmore washer was beyond repair...
deleomeyer
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™